Thursday, May 04, 2006

Feeling kinda cluttered...

Everytime my in-laws return from Taiwan, we got lots of goodies. In my case 4 pairs of embroidered jeans, fancy beaded mauve-redish shoes (I think they're called mules), a gorgeous Asian styled shirt with a phoenix on it, a funky hair piece with a pink rhinestone pooch, and lots of jade jewelry. Pookie always gets clothes, lots more jade, shoes, and funky stuff. Hubby got 2 shirts, an Asian necklace, and jade. We also got a funky metal pot, that looks like a tea pot, but is actually for keeping wine warm or cold with four mini wine glasses. A wooden carved statue, a funky Asian-shaped like, two scrolls with water colored prints...Yes, my dear ILs can be very generous. My BIL and his gal got a ton of cool stuff too.

Add to this pookie's month of birthday gifts, Easter goodies shoved in the basement, gorgeous glass cranberry wine goblets from Mom for my birthday... and... well... I'm really running out of space here.

I've this urge to go down and randsack the basement where things are accumulating because we haven't put them away, and the pile to donate grows bigger going nowhere, plus, I need to go through clothes for consignment. It's become the ever-cluttered pit, and I hate it. I really, really want to get down there and start trashing stuff.

I went through my closet today to rearrange a few things, only to discover I really need to go through my clothes. I've fit in the Asian stuff... but it's getting crowded in there. Plus, since I've lost weight, I wanted to get clothes that actually fit my body, instead of clothes my body swims in. Although... I could just get out the trusted sewing machine and...

Maybe if Pook was feeling better, I'd go down there and work on something. In the meantime, I'm going to go and reorganize something to at least LOOK more spacious. ;)

No comments: