Check her out: http://www.lilihaydn.com/flash/flash.htm
You can hear samples of the CD on her site. She's beautiful to listen to, and look at! In any case, I'll be ordering that CD next month once I pay off the new puter screen.
Oh, and off the topic, I just had to share this, from this site. And, being that I'm over 30, I must say, it's so true. I don't know what it is about that age, but it was a powerful transition time for me. Unlike friends of mine who pretended they were still 29, I embraced it with a passion and two parties. (One of which involved dancing around a bonfire, drumming, with a bunch of women celebrating our inner goddess while the menfolk stayed at the house wondering what we were up to, but scared to find out. That was THE BEST! In fact, I think I need to find another reason to do another one of those... Hmmm...)
In any case, I got it here: http://amethystgrove.blogspot.com/ My comments are in brackets.
Andy Rooney says:As I grow in age, I value women who are over 30 most of all.
Here are just a few reasons why: A woman over 30 will never wake you in the middle of the night to ask, "What are you thinking?" She doesn't care what you think. [This isn't entirely true. I do care; most of the time. ] If a woman over 30 doesn't want to watch the game, she doesn't sit around whining about it. She does what she wants to do. And, it's usually something more interesting anyway. [Okay, this is completely true.]
A woman over 30 knows herself well enough to be assured in who she is, what she is, what she wants and from whom. Few women past the age of 30 give a crap about what you might think of her or what she's doing. [This is very true for me.]
Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, but only if they think they can get away with it. [Ditto.]
Older women are generous with praise, often undeserved. They know what it's like to be unappreciated. [Considering I JUST mastered the art of appreciation and gratitude, this is SO true. I could be an unapprecitive b!tch at times. And I so apologize for any of you out there who dealt with that! Blarg!] A woman over 30 has the self-assurance to introduce you to her women friends. A younger woman with a man will often ignore even her best friend because she doesn't trust the guy with other women. Women over 30 couldn't care less if you're attracted to her friends because she knows her friends won't betray her.
Women get psychic as they age. [Well, I agree with this one; for me at least.] You never have to confess your sins to a woman over 30. They always know. Once you get past a wrinkle or two, a woman over 30 is far sexier than her younger counterpart. [I like this one, but would like to know why he feels this way. Any men out there care to expand on this?] Older women are forthright and honest. They'll tell you right off if you're a creep or if you are acting like one! You don't ever have to wonder where you stand with her. [True, although, there are still those moments when I want hubby to read my mind. ]
Yes, we praise women over 30 for a multitude of reasons.Unfortunately, it's not reciprocal. For every stunning, smart, well-coifed hot woman of 30+, there is a balding, paunchy relic in yellow pants making a fool of himself with some 22-year-old waitress. Ladies, I apologize. For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.
The last part had me cracking up. So, I know there are guys out there who read this blog, and I'd like your opinion on this. What do you think of women who are over 30? Feel free to be blunt. I'm over 30. I can handle it. ;)
4 comments:
PG,
That is hysterical. I need to share that with a few people I know, most importantly my bride, who is rapidly approaching the big 3-0 herself.
-Ed
Oh, one more thing, while funny, this was not written by Andy Rooney. It was penned by Frank Kaiser in 2000. Frank has a column called "Suddenly Senior".
http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/rooney2.asp
It appears Mr. Rooney has quite the opposite opinion!
-ed
Ed - Thanks for actually going through and checking that. I edited my post. It's so funny too, because I totally thought about the whole urban legend thing, but, as I stated in the update - I was too lazy to check it.
Thankfully, you did. :)
Actually, I'd love your perspective of being 30 sometime. I've noted your occasional mentions of it on your blog.
Hmmm... I might just have to write my own post about that. :)
PG,
You are certainly welcome! I'm glad I could be of some assistance. 8)
I have had several insightful perspectives on life after 30. However (being over 30) I often cannot retain them.
I will try and write something about me and men and women over 30 during my next bout of blogging lucidity.
-Ed
Post a Comment