Monday, February 20, 2006

Motivation = Nil

I have been having serious issues being motivated as of late when it comes to my paid job, and I totally know that it's because I have been feeling run down and burnt out, based on the workload of the last two weeks. Logically, I know that if I shift my perspective, and have some serious ME time, I'll be doing fine. Don't ya just love when you know what would benefit you, and it seems so simple when you type it out, but then there's the whole "taking action" to do what would benefit you?? :)

But you see there are other things that I want to be doing. Like reading, updating blogs, updating and condensing files in order to make my life simpler (yeah, really)...

And, we mustn't forget the beloved Pooki-kins.

But really, I just want me time. As in, time alone to take a hot bubbled bath, or to curl up with a good book and hot tea within reach (as opposed to out of pookie's reach). So, instead of taking the opportunity to have me time for a good few hours today, I opted for family time (just as good, but not quite motivational).

I did, however, manage to get a lovely afternoon nap while snuggling with the hubby. (I'm a big afternoon nap person! I just love it!) And, as me and the hubby've been a wee bit disconnected as of late, it was just what I needed in that department, however, as a result, the work part was again postponed and I still didn't get time to let my brain drift off in a good book.

So, here's to thinking positively about tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be motivated and get a lot done.

2 comments:

Ed said...

Thinking positively is as much emotional nourishment as a good cup of unspilt tea. Linda and I have been nesting and cleaning and, now, at 11:30pm, I'm off for a quiet soak in the hot tub before staying up late to finish some homework due tomorrow.

I think we all have various competitions for our time and, while we can never satisy all of them, I would rather have things fighting for my time, than have no one be interested in my time, so I count them as small, if annoying, blessings.

That and I realize that, without positive thinking, I would probably scream alot more. 8)

-Ed

Playful Grace said...

First, just let me say I think it's so great that you and Linda are nesting and cleaning together. My amazing and awesome hubby loathes when I nest or declutter. many times, it's like pulling teeth to get him to help, or I do it myself. So, kudos!

I really have no clue how you do it all. Sometimes just reading about all that you are doing exhausts me. :)