Thursday, February 02, 2006

Funny tidbits about me in fives...

This in in regards to a few questions from a certain someone, who as promised, shall remain anon. However, also as promised, my answers (and dag, these were tougher than I thought!!)

5 Things most people don't know about me
1 I like Elvis, and listen to his music.
2 I enjoy writing snail mail letters to my grandmothers
3 I don't like watching movies in the theater; but I'll watch them at home (where I can watch them from the end, to middle, to beginning skipping around)
4 I love old comedy movies with starts like Shirley MacLaine, Dan Kaye
5 In the same day I can be passionately moved by a classical baroque piece, and within 5 minutes I've a passion for a hardcore techno beat.

5 Things I enjoy doing
1 Reading good books
2 Dancing by moonlight, round a bonfire, to drums
3 Getting a good massage
4 Swimming in an outdoor pool during the summer
5 Zoning out to good music, and letting my imagination run free

5 Things I really want to do
1 Take a train through Europe
2 Do one of those murder mystery train rides
3 Live a month in Italy and Greece
4 Live a month along a beach or a cove in Maine or Taiwan
5 Have lunch with Oprah Winfrey

5 Things I love to eat
1 Really, really good chocolate
2 Pomegrantes
3 Chevre, especially warmed on white bread
4 Any of the soups at the nearby French Restaurant
5 Moist, delicious chocolate cake with a light and fluffy buttercream icing

5 Things I love to drink
1 Water (Um, yes, really)
2 Chai Lattes
3 Bengal Spice Tea
4 A smooth, sweet red wine
5 Mexican hot cocoa

5 Things I love to wear
1 A good fitting pair of jeans
2 Hanes tank tops
3 Warm socks
4 Jade bracelets
5 Yoga pants

5 Things I'd love to get as gifts from other people
1 A gift certificate for a massage
2 A gift certificate for reflexology
3 Tickets to a symphony
4 A day at the Spa
5 Donation to a valid charitable organization in my name

5 Things I'd love to get as gifts from good friends
1 Hugs, hugs, and yeah, more hugs
2 Poetry or art work
3 Pictures
4 Their time
5 Fresh Flowers

5 Things I've recieved as gifts that made an impression
1 Freshly picked flowers
2 Homemade facial toner
3 Poetry written for me
4 A set of carved wooden pigs
5 A fancy cake made especially for my birthday

5 Things I'd do if I won the lottery
1 Buy a house in the mountains with lots of land
2 Put away money for the child's education
3 Donate a good portion to various charities, including people I know who could really use some financial help
4 Travel the world
5 Live a month in Italy or Greece

5 Things I wish my mate would do for me
1 Get season tickets to a symphony or play, or at least take me to one.
2 Plan a vacation near a beach or small cove, and walk with the beach with me.
3 Plan and execute a date night; complete with babysitting arangments
4 Take me out for a latte, just the two of us where we could sit and talk on the front porch
5 Get me monthly massages (since he's not too fond of giving them)

5 Things I'd like to do for my mate
1 Find an anonymous benefactor so he wouldn't have to work anymore
2 Take him on a trip around the world
3 Create a space just for him; a little cabin in the words. Complete with playstation and other eltronic setups, spot for napping, and cozy pillows and blankets.
4 Send him on a return vacation to Maine (either with us, or on his own - his call), hecht, if I could, by him a vacation home there.
5 Take him to dinner at the Olive Garden

5 Places I really want to go
1 Italy
2 Paris and French country side
3 Greece
4 Ireland and England
5 Canada ;)

5 Places I've been
1 Estonia
2 Russia
3 Taiwan
4 BalHarbor, Maine
5 Sedona, Arizone

5 Favorites
1 Crisp fall days
2 A good murder mystery
3 Snow days (when no one has to go to work!)
4 Soft flannel sheets
5 A good cuppa chai latte

And, though techinally this is sort of a meme, anyone who feels compelled to do this in their own blog, journal, or what have you, is more than welcome.

No comments: