The weekend has officially started. There's nothing like finishing up work, and being ready to embrace the weekend. And, since we ran errands today, I've absolutley nothing planned. Although, I've been getting a craving to go out and do something on my own.
Before I was married, I'd go to the maul by myself, or groceryshopping, even take myself out to dinner. I've never been to a movie by myself, but I hear that you should do it at least once for the experience.
Once we got married, we fell into the routine of grocery shopping together on Saturday mornings, going to the maul on occasion (where I live, that's the big thing), an occasional picnic, and eating out. Da Pook accompanies us on most of these excursions. But lately, lately I've felt that desire to drive out and do something on my own. Thus providing bonding time for hubby (the homebody) and Da Pook, and giving me time to browse, walk around, and just enjoy the atmosphere.
So, I'm looking for other ideas of what I can do on my own. I'm thinking of taking a day once a month to go out and explore on my own. Sort of like taking myself on a date for the day. Here are some ideas that I'd like to do:
* go to a movie, in the theater
* have lunch or dinner on the back deck of the French restaurant I love
* go to the maul
* explore a local artstore
* explore downtown (which isn't much, but is cute)
* go to the library to explore
* explore some of the store I haven't had a chance to browse through with hubby and kid in tow
* ...?
What do you suggest? What would you (or do you) do on your own and "treat" yourself to?
4 comments:
Drive to the foothills north of Pittsburgh and go on a hiking trip, it's beautiful there!!
- canadian penguin
I do alot of things alone, so it is hard to say what is treating myself and what is simply the life of a single guy.
Though I would suggest a day spa... maybe a massage of some sort?
write
-Ed
These are all excellent suggestions! Thanks!
Post a Comment