It would've been lovely to sleep in, but of course my angel gal awoke bright and early (1/2 hour before Daddy's alarm) so today should be interesting. It's a Thursday, and since I worked ahead last night, it shouldn't be too bad.
Oh yes, I work from home and I love it. It took a while to get used to, but when you've don't want to do the day care thing, but would still like added income, it's marvelous. Now, if only we can get Daddy to work from home.
My darling husband and I have an interesting relationship. There are those of our friends who rarely seem to spend time together, then there are those who do everything thing together. As for us, I'd love to do everything together, however, my darling hubby has a cave complex. If he doesn't get time to himself, he gets grouchy.
For years, I never knew that I, too, needed time for me. And when you become a mom - that's a BIG deal, especially as it's so rare. Now, if I don't get time to me I get grouchy. The funny thing is, hubby's much more likely to take it than me. I can always find some project I need to be doing, and, as I actually have 2 businesses I run, plus the mom thing, plus keeping up the house stuff... as you can see, time for me is a rarity.
I realized the other day, that I'd stopped my hobbies after the baby was born. I used to love to paint, create stuff around the house, write poetry, update a personal ezine... all of which have fallen to the way side. Though, I have been inspired on occasion to jot out a poem here and there.
The thing is though - were these things fun? Were they play? Hmmm... good question, because in many instances they were actually projects with a deadline. But, I did enjoy doing them. So...
So, this is where my thoughts leave me today. What is fun? How do I have fun? How does one play?
Hubby loves movies and video games. I enjoy a good book (rare with the lil one around), sketching or drawing (especially without a purpose), coloring, dancing, playing in the leaves, laughing... Laughing is important when one is being playful; or at least one of those grins that surfaces from deep down in the belly.
What can I do today to play and laugh?
No comments:
Post a Comment