Friday, November 04, 2005

Happy Friday

Normally, I'm not too concerned about Fridays, though I do get excited because it means hubby gets two days off work and I'm not home alone all day with the pook. But after this week, I'm jubulantly jumping up and down with joy (how's that for alliteration?) for Friday.

Any parent can tell you, that when your lil one isn't feel good, it makes life a bit interesting. As of Tuesday, the pook's been feeling bad. It started with a runny nose, and has now settled into congestion. Seems Daddy's got something similar now too. Luckily, we've actually got no plans this weekend.

I did want to check out the craft show in town, however, when I think about dealing with the traffic, the people, and how I'm really trying no to spend extra money. Well... I think it's best to stay home. Besides, we've got plenty of projects.

Ah, there I go with the projects again. I was in the back of the basement yesterday, and caught myself thinking about how marvelous "it" would be if I cleared out the pile of good will stuff, straightened off the took bench, put down the linoleum, thuroughly cleaned everything, and got rid of those boxes hubby still has yet to get through... but then, what is "it"? Will I be happier without the junk lying around? With a clearer space? Granted, I'll feel better because it's no longer there and I admit to clutter, especially lying all over the place, drives me buggy. But how cool would it be if I was okay with it until it got done? OMG! What a concept!

Aside from this bit of enlightenment, I did actually get to play yesterday. No, seriously! Pook and I sat down and played with water colors. Maybe if I get around to it, I'll actually post pictures. Once I figure out how to do that, that is. :)

The feeling of listening to music, sitting at the kitchen table, and painting with my daughter was just absolutely amazing. It's been so long since I've painted, and it was so nice to share this with pookie. There was something about spending (and it was only maybe 30 mintues) playing with colors and brush strokes.

It reminded me how much power I have to create a serene environment of comfort and coziness in my home. Now, can someone remind me of that next time I get stressed out? :)

Speaking of pook... looks like she needs some Momma cuddles!

No comments: