Thursday, November 17, 2005

Ah... Thursday

I am so happy right now, right here, in this moment. Why? Because I have time that I'm not working on this computer for a change. I had a liesurely lunch today with someone in need of love and compassion, and though I enjoyed the lunch, I realized, that I don't think I can meet her needs or expectations. So, I wrote her a thank you note, in which I informed her that I do love and care for her, I'm just dealing with my own stuff, and, as always, I never seem to do things quite the way people expect, and that is just me.

I also jotted a letter (hand-written) to my grandma and I'm mailing a drawing from Da Pook with a message telling my dad she misses him. Rumor has it my brother, my adorable nephew, my DSIL, and my dad, are supposed to come up for a visit. I'll believe it when it happens. We live in a different state then them, and I've been here for 5 years, of which he (my dad) has only visited once. My bro has came up with him that time, and the month after his precious neice was born.

I love them all dearly, and hope they'll visit, but, as I've learned, it's best not to get those hopes up, nor have expectations when it comes to my bro and my pa - that's just how they are. Granted, it took me 28 years to realize that, but, I did, and it makes the relationship so much easier.

It wasn't until earlier this year, I decided to hand write letters to my grandmas. I don't have any grandads still on this Earth, and its amazing how much a hand-written letter is appreciated. Even more, it's amazing how receiving letters from them makes my day! :) If you have grandparents, and want to make their day - write them. Find the time, get special paper and envelopes, stickers too, and those Love stamps and write. Parents appreciate it on occasion too - even those who've got email. All you need to do is write about the daily-ness. I write about what's going on, how I'm looking for the holidays. My one grandma obsesses with what we eat, so I'll describe special meals I've made.

So, that's my tip of the day.

Right now, I'm off to empty out a pumkin so that I can make some pumpkin pie for a potluck on Friday, and of course - make some nummy crunchy pumpkin seeds! Mmm...

1 comment:

Phil Romans said...

Now if you were making a pumpkin roll, I would be all over that!