I especially love this Saturday. Last night I was supposed to got to a potluck business dinner at a friend's house, followed by hot tubbing and a walk in the woods this morning. However, last night, I was all packed and ready to go, when I burst into tears.
Being a mom, there are times when you really want to just run away and be on your own, but this past week has been rather hectic and hellish, and I didn't get much family time. So, yesterday evening, while hugging my precious Pook, I was in no mood to up and run off, when I felt I barely got to spend time with her this week. That and I missed my sweet hubby.
You see, November is National Writing month doncha know, and, each year (except last year I think), he's signed up to write 50,000 a month via NAMO. Thus, in November, his free time is devoted to writing, which I totally support, because it really seems to be beneficial for him on so many levels. Of course, this usually means that the only quality time that we get is snuggling in bed, right before we go to bed, and unlike some people who only get up early if their dog's wake them ;), we choose to get up early so that he can write and get home before 5pm.
Add in dinner, playtime, and this is when I usually get a good chunk of work done while he babysits... before you know it it's bedtime. We have a routine with Da Pook, where we aim to all be in bed between 8-9pm (some nights earlier or later depending) for stories, then off goes the light until Da Pook roles over and announces, "Time for my bed!"
In any case, I'm happy that I decided to just stay home and be with family last night.
Simplicity.
Family.
Snuggle time.
Listening to my inner needs.
Yeah. That's what it's all about.
No comments:
Post a Comment