We had a delightful time this weekend. Saturday we had lunch at my favorite restaurant and ran a few errands. Pook's favorite, roasted red pepper soup, was available, and she ate most of it. Usually, she loves the chips, but almost immediately, she was distressed as they weren't the light ones. Well, we'd thought they'd just been overcooked, but found out from Anne, the owner, that they'd switched potatoes! Our lil one has quite the sensitive palet it appears, as we couldn't tell the difference. She also enjoyed a good quarter portion of my salad. It was lovley to see her eat.
Sunday we had a quite cookout with friends, and their kids. They have twins that Pook enjoys playing with. Dinner, was delicious, my dear friend is always feeding us, her lentil soup is Da Bomb. So, now we've got to cook something for them sometime. I overdid it on my knee, but it's always so lovely to sit and talk, and get to know people. As her birthday is the day after mine, we surprised each other with gifts. I got a gorgeous set of apricot cloth napkins. (I have a thing for cloth napkins, it's all we use here.) And, we left with a bottle of wine. I made her some oatmeal cookies (she loves my recipe), in a beautiful crystal bowl. She decided to serve salad in it at dinner. It was stunning, but, quite heavy.
Today, my knee was aching, and I've been hesitant to get out of bed. But, I'm going to when I'm done this. At least I did manage to get up and dressed to post some letters. Most of the day I I've just been trying to keep my foot elevated. I did get a schnazzy knee brace that has been working wonders though.
The best gift has been having hubby home for 4 days. I just wish that he was enjoying it as much as I enjoy him being around, but, he's been watching Pook while I'm on bed rest, which always takes a lot out of him. Hopefully, he'll be able to catch up on sleep and get the time he needs while Pook and I are off to MD in August.
No comments:
Post a Comment