This past weekend, the new curtains went up in the guestroom. This past weekend, I realized that aside from painting, the fence, and the space that needs to be cleared in the back... I was done with the house projects.
I've been through my books, and until I start reading through my shelf of books "to read", I'm really happy with most of those that are left. There are small projects I could do - a personal scrap book I could work on, painting a picture frame, reading those books on the shelf, plotting out Christmas gifts (I have some, but it just doesn't feel right to wrap them until November at least!).
But, in regards to the house, I'm pretty much done with the rearranging and decluttering. And, you know what? It scares me. (Okay, I know that some of you are snickering while you read this! ;) )
But it does. What do I do next?
For so long, decluttering and rerranging, and planning have been such a big part of my time and schedule, and now... I'm almost not sure what to do with myself?
Oh, I'm sure I could find more things to decluter or rearrange, but I don't want to. On the same level, I'm not sure what I want to do. I feel weird, almost empty not working on the house in some way. And yet, at the same time, I am sort of excited, almost anxious, yes, anxious not having something to do.
This makes me wonder, how will I be in a few months? Will I start seeking out things to declutter or house projects? Or, will I get comfortable with just settling in?
Only time will tell. For now, I'm just hoping the anxiety will pass. I'm trying not to come up with more projects... as is my usual custom. Why does this feel so unsettling?
No comments:
Post a Comment