I just got an email from a friend letting me know how impressed she's been with how serene and peaceful I seem to be over the last few months. Normally, I would've wondered what she was talking about.
However, this time, I stopped and looked at my life.
And yes, I could see what she was referring too. Compared to how I used to live my life, and what I used to fret about, I am much more serene and peaceful comparatively.
A while back, I made the intention to live a life that was more peaceful and serene. And then, I forgot about it. I think it's funny that on some level, I've been making decisions to reflect this.
My life isn't completely serene and peaceful; however, it has it's moments, and my perspective has changed a lot. It was really refreshing to be reminded that I want a life of serenity and peace, and to see that I'm getting there. It's a process, a lovely process, and it's really aperspective. And I see it when I my lips touch those of my husband, and I am grateful, oh so very grateful that he is my partner, my love, my support. When Pook touches my cheek to hers, and tells me she loves me. When I look around my house and sigh contentedly, because I am home and it feels like a home. When I'm outside, breathing in the fresh air, glad to feel the sun on my face. When my heart spills over with love and gratitude for my friends and family.
There are moments of chaos in my life (my friends will attest to this!), but it's how I see things that radiate peace, serenity, or those times when I have a major freak out (and I do!). But, with my intention, each step I take brings me closer to living a peaceful and serene life - by my definition at least! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment