Monday, October 15, 2007

Autumnal Bliss

The scent of soup on the stove wafts through our home. It's lentil soup, and today, it's a very special soup. You see, it's because Pook helped to cut the veggies, add the veggies and stir. A dear friend of mine gave me a knife that is not sharp that kiddos can use to cut things. Although, she doesn't quite have the strength yet. So, she sat on my lap and helped push my hand down.

It was one of those sacred moments. It's been one of those sacred days.

She woke up from a bad dream, so I brought her from bed, and kept her in my arms while working. She dozed off and on, then looked up at me, put her hand on my face, and told me I was wonderful. Then, she told me how much she loved me. My heart blossomed.

There were many things I'd wanted to do today, but I put them aside to plan a picnic to the park. She helped to pack up the foods. When it was time, we drove to the big park. We sat on a rock and ate our hardboiled eggs, then we played for a bit on the swings, and sat on the slide to drink and eat a bit more.

We climbed ladders. We explored the sound of crunching leaves, and wondered about which birds sang for us. We slid down the slide together. We laughed. We hugged. We had to rest on a bench on the way back to the car. She told me that when she gets bigger, and can use the stove, that she will cook soup and dinner for me.

I asked her if she'd move away when she got older, or if she'd stay nearby. She informed me that she would live nearby. I sighed, and told her that if at that time she wanted to live far away, it would be okay. In my heart, I hope she'll stay close. But, that's a long time away. For now, I only know that she thinks I am wonderful. That she loves me. That right now, she needs me, and that she is so very precious to me.

I am so eternally grateful for this day.

No comments: