This had been a wonderfully full week. I started the week off with one of those lovely fuzz-headed colds, and, mind you, it was the first week that Pook started Montessori and Kindermusik. Add to that my delightful influx of new students (more hours means more money!), the homeschool activities (phonics, numbers, etc.), weekly (bi-weekly at least) adventures to the library, - it means that this is going to be one fun fall.
I refuse to see it any other way.
I get to recoordinate my schedule. I get to see the joy on my child's face as she spends time with other kidos, and builds confidence in herself. We are beginning to explore the library (once she gets past the stuffed horse... ), the seasons (she knows fall is coming, and can make the connections about the leaves now - it's so cool), the calendar, the weather, and then, there are those moments when she hears a word, then tells me what it starts with. "Mommy, lion start with L! La la la la la la la!" :)
It's an amazing time for her and for me as her parent. And, having these activities is forcing me to really make the most of my time. (I am SO glad we rearranged the house this summer!) It's all good. And, yes, I know it's only week one - but if I made it through in a good mood (for the most part) while being sick, I think that's pretty darn good.
I have realized, that I really need to figure in more things for myself throughout the week though. Which, will be fun figuring out what I can do for me, how I can fit it in with the time I have, and make the most of it. And, I think I'll need to take relaxing a little more seriously too. :)
Today, I'm up for the challenge.
Tomorrow, I've got to take the car for repairs they've got to seek out, with Pook.
This should be fun. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment