Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Letting Go Part 2

Oh, yay for you! 3 posts today!

When I first moved here, I was very lonely. I didn't know anyone but hubby and a few of his friends. And, being that I was quite the social butterfly before I moved, it was a really tough and scary time for me. No job. No friends nearby. A true fresh start.

So I reached out via the internet, and began an online ezine. Recently, I've had the option of renewing the site. For years, I have kept the name, even though I'd stopped updating (children do that you know). I wanted people to have access to the articles, etc. I held on to it, my past comfort, my first big on-my-own project - even though I felt guilt. I'd look at the unfinished project, and think I'd need to write something, to tweak it in some way...

But today, today I've decided I'm not renewing the domain. I'm letting it go.

It's that simple. It's gone.

And with that I feel a freedom; a freedom that has cause me to wonder - what else am I clinging on to that I don't need to?

No comments: