This weekend was amazing.
We collected pine cones, the ones with sap on the end and various other types. We collected colored leaves of yellow and red. Not many, but if you looked closely, you'd find them. We talked of everygreens, or prickly trees, and watched Pook go down the slide without any help.
We walked, climbed, sang, and breathed in the chilled air. We wore long sleeves and pants, drinking tea all day, eating hot soup...
We opened the curtains that we keep closed in the summer to keep out the warm sun, and welcomed it in. We aired the house with open windows.
I found myself wanting to hunker down, crochet, curl up in a warm blanket and not leave the house. I thought about finding excuses to celebrate the holidays at our house, insteading of returning to celebrate it with family.
Oh yea, Autumn is here. Lots of soups, freash breads, hot tea... what else can I bake? The promise of snuggles, fuzzy blankets, and hot cocoa...
I'm SO there.
No comments:
Post a Comment