Oh, I could write on and on about this one. Particulary because I'm so good at setting marvelously high expectations for myself to meet, then getting angry at myself for not meeting them.
Sound familiar to anyone?
Recently, I've been on a bad streak of picking on myself for a variety of little things that "I'm not doing good enough." (And no, I haven't read my Radical Acceptance book in a few days, thank you very much! Nor have I been taking time out for me either. Ah yes... there's that trend again!)
At least, I'm more aware of myself when I start to do this. I'm not sure why I do it. I don't like doing it, and yet, I catch myself doing it. So, now I'm exploring ways to stop doing it, or to at least find a way to deal with it.
I have noticed, I tend to do it a lot when there are many things going on in my life. Somewhere, somehow, I've gotten the notion into my head that I am superwoman. Fact is... I'm not. (Wonder woman... maybe...)
No comments:
Post a Comment