Actually, I have several awesome friends. But this one in particular (and you so know who you are), has asked me some really deep questions that really got me thinking about my life, who I am, and what I want.
And you know what? I started to journal about these questions, and come up with answers. And, surprisingly enough, I have realized, that, I'm actually pretty darn happy where I am.
Here are a few thoughts I've had:
* I like a simple life. (i.e. I enjoy things that can be accomplished in a timely/no-too-long manner that don't require a ton of work to get to the end result, unless I'm really in the mood to do otherwise.)
* I like the 15 minute rule. (i.e. You can do anything for 15 minutes - exercise, dancing, sitting outside, meditation, decluttering, writing, etc.)
* I do not want to be a master gardener. However, I would like some chamomile and perhaps I can try radishes or other small veggies in the window boxes out back taking into consideration the tight budget we are on. Also note - if this doesn't happen, I'm not going to worry about it. Besides, I'll just hit up my friends that garden veggies and the local farmer's market (maybe) instead. ;)
* I am not an outdoor person in the sense that I could spend every waking moment outdoors. However, I enjoy spending time outside when the weather is fair (or it's snowing and I can sled or I can dance in the rain - which I do on occasion but not often). I like eating outside too. But, when I really thought about it, I can do without camping or being outside 24/7. That, however, doesn't mean at some point I would do it.
* I will be creating my own curiculum/program for homeschooling. Though I love some aspects of the Well Trained Mind (WTM), I've got to be realistic. As I'm also working from home, and we plan to eventually add to the family. So, I need to do something that works best for me. And, as we seem to enjoy worksheets and computer programs here, I'm thinking we'll do just fine.
* I love to write.
* I really enjoy crochetting. (My way, mind you.)
* I really enjoy sewing. (Also my way, and figuring things out as I go. Without a pattern.)
* I enjoy painting.
* I enjoy good movies. Especially British ones and the new Mrs. Marple series. (Oh, c'mon, you should all know by now I'm a big Agatha Christie fan.)
* I really enjoy books. Good books. Especially Agatha Christie books.
* I enjoy decluttering, cleaning, laundry - you know homemaking stuff. And yes, I consider myself to be a homemaker.
* I enjoy baking and cooking from scratch - but I gotta be in the mood.
* I like doing things my way, on my times schedule. Especially creative projects. :)
* I love spending time with my other awesome friends - good conversation and fellowship equals loveliness.
* I can call myself an artist, as I'm continually doing artsy projects.
* I love being a mom.
* I have had some extrememly high expectations of myself. At closer look though, I'm really happy with the way my life is going.
So - a shout out to you dear friend! I've journaled the details, so eventually (hopefully) we'll get around to discuss the answers to your questions at some point. Love ya! Thanks for really getting me to think.
No comments:
Post a Comment