Friday, May 18, 2007

How we feel here at the home front:



It's been quiet in the sense that we seem to have turned a bit inward. I suppose having time to think and just bask in quiet will do that. New schedules, preparations, and thoughts of mortality will do that I suppose.

In regards to the mortality, my grandmother's deterioration just seems to slowly get worse. Though there in body, she's not in mind. And so all you see and spend time with is the shell. In any case, it's forced me to face the fact that one never knows if the last time you see a person will be the last. I think about how I would like to spend that moment, if it were the last. What impression would I want to take away or leave?

I choose to bask in the blessings, to consciously choose to love and be love, to be grateful and speak of my appreciation. I do not want the drama or to be caught in a web. I offer my love, and I choose love, with the realization that not all are accepting of this love and that some may abuse my intentions. And in that case, I know that I need to let go, and let them be. And that's okay.

What does my heart speak? My heart speaks of love, appreciation, and gratitude. My intention is love, appreciation, and gratitude.

No comments: