Friday, April 27, 2007

Gratitude

After focusing on some very heavy topics over the last few posts, I've decided I'm going to try and get back into the habit of gratitude and appreciation.

I've been quite hard on myself, you see. And, apparently I'm not the only one. So, in order to find balance, to rediscover the magic... I need to focus on the blessings in my life - to bask in gratitude.

I'm going to try and do this for every day, or at least the weekdays (I try to stay off this thing on the weekends). Or at least as much as I can, so that I can just express my thanks for what I have, and who I have in my life. Oh, please do encourage me on this if you can! At least 5 things... but, once I get started, it seems I tend to find so many other things... so, we shall see. Let us begin:

I am grateful for...

1. The life I live. I get to work from home, be a mom, a wife, a homemaker, in a cozy little house in the mountains.

2. To be told this by Pook two minutes ago, "Mommy, I like it here. I love this place, and this house. I love Pook's house so much!" My daughter, who greets me each morning with a big good morning hug.

3. For those people and events in my life that have helped me to be where I am today.

4. For supportive friends - in the blogsphere, in different states, and down the street. ;)

5. For my ego, because without it, I wouldn't be where I am today, nor would I have the fascinating opportunity to learn from it. To know that I see the world through my own perspective, and even try to see things the way others would (even though it's really still my view).

6. For family. I learn such wonderful life lessons from them.

7. For the wonderful weather and sunshine.

8. For love.

No comments: