Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Decluttering - On the back burner

Well, as Phil brought up in one of his comments, weren't we decluttering? And yet, we now have a new kitchen set?

Friends, I've reached a burn out point with the decluttering. I really, really have. We did manage to go through Pook's stuff and clear out before her birthday. And the kitchen set has actually freed up space in the living room, although the doll house has been relocated to the study (great for when I'm working though).

There are times, when I just want to chuck everything. Other times, when I have a really hard time parting with what I have. So, it got to the point, where I just burnt out. Besides, there just seemed to be so much more that I wanted to do when the weather got warm.

We didn't hibernate like we usually do this winter, which is part of the problem. I do try to go through things throughout the year, especially before birthdays and big time before Christmas. So, I'm maintaining for now.

I'm sort of going through this phase in my life, where I just want to be doing other things. Oh, I'd love to decrease our "stuff" by half, but my sweet Pook wants me to play, or do writing and the like. So... until I get my absolute Yes list created, I've just added it to my procrastination list. :)

No comments: