Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Connecting with the outdoors

After my last post, I needed to refocus on something more positive.

Yesterday, I made it a point to take advantage of the wonderful weather. We managed to eat 3 meals out on the back deck. Pook even did her work outside in the afternoon. Tracing lines and letters, and telling me how much she loved me.

I think that she, too, knew the importance of being outside. It was a special treat, and she was SO excited about it. I think she told me over 25 times how much she loved me.

Lately, I've realized that the last few years, I've somehow missed the slight and sweet transition from spring into full bloom. I'm really taking note of the green shoots on the shrubs, the blossoming trees, the little things. How have I missed these things? Has my life be spiraling so fast in the past?

Being outdoors has actually helped me to slow down, take a breath, and be aware. Lately, things have been picking up. There's been lots to do (not to mention the explosion of creating things around here), and we got caught up in the rush.

But yesterday, being outside made a huge difference. I've still a lot to do, but it all seems to fade away in the wind.

No comments: