Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Woah, it's Wednesday?

Time seems all whacked out lately. Probably because I've been spending most of my time on a couch with my knee/legg propped up. If I sit at my desk, it will swell up. If I'm on the couch, it gets better.

I went to the doctor, my NEW doctor, on Monday. She tweaked and twisted it, and, as I didn't go through the ceiling, she concluded I didn't tear anything. (Yay!) Though, she did tell me it would probably be a few months before it's back to where it was before. (Hmm...) Which means, lots of fun challenges. I also think I'm going to start incorporating exercises to help strengthen the knee and surrounding muscles once it does get better. In the meantime, how can I find ways to exercise without it?

It was rather funny too, her face, when I informed her that I was only taking one ibuprofen every few hours. Her eyes bulged, and I asked if I should be taking more. She informed me that most people take 3. Oh. I don't think she believed I really do have a high pain tolerance until that moment. Then again, maybe she was just amazed that 1 ibuprofen did the work of 3? Who knows?

I feel like I'm going through some life change here. The obvious message being slow down. No, really, slow down. Okay girl, if you don't slow down... There, now you HAVE to slow down.

So, here I sit. Foot propped. Baby sitter on premises, and work getting done on the laptop. I am learning wonderful patience too, as I must now depend on my beloved's help to get things done. And, as most now, the schedule a woman has, and the schedule a man has, are quite different time and prioritywise. It's not too bad though, because my sweet hubby has been amazing this week. He took off Monday and Tuesday to help me out. He's requested I take it easy, and let him help or do things like laundry, making the bed, etc.

Sweet darling hubby of mine, I am so grateful for your love, tenderness, and kindness. I am well aware that you know how challenging this situation is for me, and I'm very grateful for the help that you've been providing, and for the care you've been lavishing upon me. I know I'm blessed to have you in my life. I'm also well aware that you want me to get better, because the sooner I get better, the sooner I get back to doing the laundry and house stuff that I enjoy, and you aren't nearly as fond of. :) I love you so much. :)

Three more days until the weekend. With my knee being the way it is, plans have changed. I am hoping to get the Good Will pile out (yeah, it's still there), the basement organized, more things packed up, and a play area set up for Pook. (We've one of those plastic slides with swings for outside, but have found it's just more fun to keep it inside. :) That's the goal at least.

And now, I suppose I should get some more work done, eh?

4 comments:

Phil Romans said...

I know you guys are getting ready for a new locale, however did you find one to move ot yet? I don't recall the decision being made, or I might have missed it entirely.

Playful Grace said...

Still looking on the homefront. Have yet to find one.

Anonymous said...

THe laundry isn't a big deal, since I help out with that most of the time anyway... It's the other stuff... That, horrid 'other' stuff that gets me. I truly appreciate all you do my dear, and times like this only help reinforce to me just how much you accomplish while I toil away with the red tape, and never ending drudgery of work. You're the best!

Playful Grace said...

Da hub,

Your comments just made my day. I so love you. :) Thanks for everything.