Monday, June 05, 2006

All is as it should be

I go through these moments, when everything just feels as though it's just as it should be. It was a good day today, although we might've spent way too much money on plastic storage bins, however, they will indeed be used. Now, I've just got to find the time to start organizing and filling them.

I think Stacie's motivation and accomplishments have been rubbing off on me. Or, maybe it's all the new blogs I've been reading lately. I seem to keep coming across blogs with women who have a tons of children, yet still get a lot accomplished.

3 plus years of being a mom, and my attitude is finally changing. When I first started out, I used to get petrified of doing certain things, and I was quite negative in regards to what my capabilities were. Meanwhile, I was feeling down as my friends with 2 or more children were cruising along.

I think it's a combination of looking at my life through different eyes and perspectives, and just adapting to the attitude of getting it done. These last few weeks, my weeks have been fuller then ever, and I'm not only keeping up with the activities and work, but I'm doing house projects too. In preparation for our move, we are decluttering, repacking, reorganizing, painting, mulching, fixing things.

This week a friend is coming to paint the outside of the house on Wednesday. I've also got to find someone who delivers mulch, and get it delivered. There are tax forms to sort out with my accountant, updates to my new website, an oil change to schedule, a wellness visit for the pook, planning for the summer, final hand over for the 4 part project I was working on, siding to be power washed, a purple front door to be repainted, baseboards to be repainted, a basement with a car load or two of stuff for the Good will, baby clothes to go through for consignment, stuff to get rid of, stuff to pack...

Thankfully hubby is teaming up with me on this. Yay! Who's awesome and great? (Pook will tell you that she is... and so is Daddy!)

Today, as I sat on the hill in the backyard, looking at the house, I felt sort of strange. The things I finally wanted to do to my house, were finally getting done - in preparation for the move. Blah.

At least, I should be able to enjoy it for a little while. Or, maybe after we move, I'll just have to have a house party, where we'll provide food, floor space to crash (and/or maybe a yard to camp in!), as well as paint, building materials, and yard stuff depending. :)

Anyway, keep your fingers crossed that we find a house with at least a good acre, 3-4 bedrooms, kitchen, dinning room, cave space for hubby, 2 baths, front porch, that's cozy, comfortable, affordable, and well-kept and loved, in WV. :)

1 comment:

Phil Romans said...

OOOOOoooooooooooo backyard camping!