Friday, June 30, 2006

Feelings on Friday

I sit here, propped up in bed, laptop in front, and a wonderful view of my neighbors' trash. Pook is in the other room with the sitter, and I'm gearing myself up for a day of work. Ah... yeah, work.

I did want to make a few nods to some gorgeous farmer's market photos that Phil took. The flowers are especially gorgeous. I've come to adore the sunflowers surrounded with wild flowers. Ah... nothing beats fresh flowers from a farmer's market, EXCEPT for tender daisies picked especially for me by my sweet Pook-a-boo-k. :) They, are by far the best. Aside from the flowers, her look of pride is the best.

I also found myself moved by yet another of Ed's posts in regards to his 3 year wedding anniversay. I think what got me the most, was the last picture at the end and the comment of "My life for the past three years". The picture of the bride and groom about to kiss, is so tender, yet there's a hint of passion, smiles, a stuffed dog :), and lots of love. I wish you many, many more years of that. (And Stacie, I wish that for you and Bob, as your journey is just beginning!)

One thing I've always admired about Ed, is his knack for wit and humor, and the way he interweaves them through his prose. Ed, if you read this, your posts always really get me thinking about things, in a good way. Thanks. They prettymuch always leave me with a good feeling. To see someone enjoy life as he does, and to live a life bespeckled with humor is just lovely.

It got me thinking about my own wedding and life with Da Hub. I admit, that marriage has been most interesting for Da Hub and I. Especially because I don't think we knew what we were getting into at the time. We have since learned that we are very different individuals, and it's been fun working with our differences. Also, we've been blessed with all types of interesting challenges throughout, that have really helped us to grow as a couple and individually.

There's a picture from our wedding, (and if I knew where it was, I'd post it) where we are sticking our tongues out at each other. Yup, I think that would describe the last five years of our life together. :)

Many times, I think of our marriage as a fine wine. Each year, things just get better as we grow as individuals, and as a couple. We have been through a lot, and were blessed to have started the journey as best friends. Da Hub is still the one I turn to first when I need to talk about something, or work through thoughts. He's my biggest supporter. I know he adores me (and not just because he's always telling me), but because he's always concerned for my welfare (more than I am sometimes). We tend to take things a bit seriously, but, we are gradually incorporating more play (less projects!) into our lives.

1 comment:

Ed said...

PG,

Thank you for such kind and thoughtful words and, most whole-heartedly, right back at you.

-Ed