Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Simply Lovely...

It was a simply lovely day today. And, I got a lot done too. I'm on the accomplishment badwagon, yessir! And I'm hanging on while it lasts.

I was blessed enough to get out of the house and have a picnic lunch with Pook and her pal C and mom T. It was a lot of fun, I got to get fresh air, and even managed quite a workout. (You try pushing a Pook on a see saw - you're either doing squats or arms reps.) And, my little darling climbed up the tall, straight, ladder for the big slide - on her own. I did spot her, but we had trouble keeping her off.

As most of you know, or may have guessed, or not, I'm a bit of a homebody. Seriously, sometimes, it's like pulling teeth to get me to go somewhere or leave the house. So, hanging out with T and C has been forcing me to get out of the house and get fresh air. This summer, T's come up with a list of activities and places for us to go on our playdates. I'm excited. I don't usually venture out on my own. I'm not sure why, I've just always prefered staying in. But today, the fresh air and sunshine did me good.

Sometimes, I feel like such a fool when I don't take advantage of being outdoors - especially when the weather is so lovely.

Today's list of Accomplishments for those who care: I managed to do a bit of yoga, repack boxes, pack up books and games, spend a day at the park with Pook and friends, catch up on my magazines, watch a movie with the family, repack 2 more boxes in the basement, rearrange the shelves in the kitchen to look less cluttered, pack up 3 boxes in my office, talk to the acocuntant, water the flowers, confirm the painting arrangements, and work. Yup. A good day overall.

No comments: