In a couple of weeks, summer will officially be here. I don't know when I lost track of Summer's arrival, but only recently have I been cherishing the soft hints of its return. The smell, the shift in the air, the various flowers blooming, the shift in the sun, the long days...
I am so filled with gratitude for summer right now. This morning, Pook and I went outside to garden. Okay, I gardened while she poked things with a stick. I cleared up the mint, made room for the mulch I need to order (thanks for the tip about that Ed - although I'm still not sure if 1 or 2 yards will be enough...), and weeded. It felt really good to get out there and clean up the place. I'm looking forward to the mulch.
Yesterday a friend painted the bottom portion of our house, and tomorrow or Saturday, we'll be putting the shutters back on. We've still got to paint the front door, do trim in the Pook's room and Fish bathroom, and maybe a few other touchs ups here and there.
They say that you should always leave a house as you'd like to find it. And, as I'm filled with a delightful sense of accomplishment, as well as a sense of amazement at what I've been capable of getting done these last few weeks, I feel really good. I am a bit sad that we're pretty-ying it up before we leave, but you know what? That's okay. Because I'm hoping I won't have to wait until the next house before prettying it up. Donations for Playful Garce's new house fund are willingly being accepted.
It's summer, my house is looking lovely, getting decluttered and organized... I love this feeling.
In other news, having all these activities during the week is causing me to get more done. Go figure. I'm enjoying it, loving the sense of accomplishment, and excited about recognizing my ablities through all this. Don't know if that makes sense. I think over the last 5 years, I've really let house things slide. Maybe it's just me, but there is an amazing feeling when you are putting your home in order. I guess I should be psyched that after this house, then, I'll get to work on the next at some point. Hmmm...
3 comments:
The amazing thing about house sales, they always say to take your personal taste out of it... when you show the house put away as many personal touches as possible... photos, etc. They need to be stored. Just like you can get more money by spending less than 2k to fix up and make the house have more "curb appeal." (damn I watch too much TLC and Discovery channel)
Well, actually, it's not so much personal taste, as painting, fixing up the gardens, etc. Just making it look "fresh" I suppose.
Of the houses that we've seen, I've loved seeing the personal photos... but now, I wonder if I should start packing them up. I don't know if I'd want to do that though. I just love having them around to look at.
Maybe I'll just pack them away before people come to look at the house... hmm...
I love the TLC and Discovery channel, which is exactly why we don't have cable or satelite or get any TV stations. Makes my life so much easier, otherwise, all I'd be doing would be watching it.
Not good for a TVaholic!
Hi Stacie,
No, you didn't miss anything. We haven't sold the home, we're just prepping it for market at the momement.
We must be on different shifts. Wasn't last week your week of productivity? :)
Post a Comment