Thanks for the input on my last post from Phil and Ed... lots of good things, really forming a new perspective of things.
This afternoon, a new revelation... the discussion from Saturday's been continuing over email, with a quite a few people admitting that, in fact, they do not live simple lives, but choose to live their lives at a complex level, because it makes them happy.
One person made this excellent point:
So the new question I’m asking myself is not, “How can I live the simple life?” or “What is the simple life?” but rather “Am I living the life I want to be living? If not, then what can I change and why am I not changing it?”
This is really starting to resonate with me now. I think I'm getting it.
She also added, "For me simplicity might just be too broad a concept to be of any value. After some reflection since Saturday I see that I want my life to be rich with wonder, complexity, compassion and love and free from unnecessary nonsense and baggage. The unnecessary nonsense and baggage is easy for me to pinpoint, define and make steps to change and/or eliminate while simplicity is none of those things for me (easy to pinpoint, define, make steps toward). "
I'm beginning to wonder if I've been complicating things in my search for a simple life. Hmmm...
All good, good stuff! Keep it coming!
No comments:
Post a Comment