Friday, March 10, 2006

I really do live a simple life

After reading Ed's recent post about MythTv, I realized that my life is pretty darm "simple" compared to most. We own two TVs. One in the living room, one in the basement. Neither of them get local channels, although, once out of desperation I did try to watch Oprah through the blur. (The TVs are quite old.)

Before we moved here, Hubby had cable and my roommate had Satellite TV. I'd easily sit down to watch a show, and not move from the couch (save food and bathroom breaks) for a good 8 hours or more. So, Hubby wasn't too happy when I told him there was no way in H-E-double L that we were going to spend $40 (at the time) a month for my addiction. Thanks to DVDs, videos, and PS games, he survived.

I've mentioned before that I can easily live without a TV. It would be tough, but I could do it. I know many people who can't live without certain shows, but to me, it's an added expense that I don't want. Besides, with things like NetFlix... I get to watch a bunch of movies a month, for like $10. Plus, I've got cherished DVDs that I love and can rewatch when in the mood.

I was also thinking, about how we also schedule NFP weekends (No F'n Plans), and work to keep errands to a one-day a week minimum. I have the Pook involved in activities, but I try to keep them to 1-2 days a week. (Although, this weeked, she's been invited to her first official brithday party!!!!)

So, that little bit made me feel really good today.

No comments: