Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Ding, ding, ding! Goes the cooking bell.

How a post on serenity ended up turning into a cooking showdown, er, challenge rather, is beyond me, but hey, I'm all for it! (See my previous posts and all the comments to boot.)

If you want the short-short version, phil has challenged da hub to a cook off, which, I being the self-designated taster am ALL for, and now, it seems age wants in to. Mind you, I've tasted meals made by all these lovely gents - NUMMY!!!!

So, anyone else want in (I leave that to da hub and phil to decide who cooks)? Anyone else want to be a taster?

So when and where are we up for this? Here or there, and when?

Bring it on babies, bring it on!

Oh, and yes, still in that blissful serenity state. Had I known before it would result in good food as well... Shapow!

4 comments:

Phil Romans said...

Are there time limits? Are we talking veggie or is meat in play?

Can we bribe people?

Playful Grace said...

Okay, here's the deal so far -

* Lots of veggies are ALWAYS welcomed (and gain bonus points with this gal!)
* Poultry, fish, and beef are fine
* Sauces welcomed, but please keep them light (heavy creams and heavy "mayo-like" sauces not good combos for this gal's tum, and I want to savor the meal!) Spicy is okay too, but I'm not too into that.
* Desserts are always welcome, and contrary to popular belief, chocolate doesn't always win out (as the caramel cheescake from my fav restaurant can attest)

I don't want to put too many limits on it either, because I want to be open to new things, but I do need to keep my digestive system in mind. :)

Any ideas from those wanting to cook are welcomed too!

Playful Grace said...

I don't know about the holindase... but, YUM!

Anonymous said...

Actually I was hoping to be a competitor, but I wouldn't want to scare off anyone. I'll just do tasting if I have to!