Sunday, January 29, 2006

Year of the Fire Dog!

I know the dog lovers will love this. I was going to type up this thought-provoking blurb about the Chinese New Year, and then I found this:

http://www.dailyom.com/articles/2006/2004.html I'd print the article here, but I'm respecting the copyrights. :)

*****************************

In our house, we celebrate the Chinese New Year. At one time it was with a party, but, since Da Pook, we've bowed off and chosen to hibernate instead. Although, we do still decorate for it, and today we placed 9 bowls of various fruits and nuts (each represent different things, and, in some cases we had to improvise) that you eat to bring you certain things.

And let me just say this... the first party we had, I was chowing down on lotus seeds, fresh from our friends in Taiwan. They were delightful. However, I immediately stopped once I found out they brought you fertility. Da Pook was concieved in July of that year. To this day, I'm still leary of the lotus seed!

No comments: