Thursday, January 25, 2007

Pictures, Sniffles, Snow, and a new bed

As promised... here's a pic of our snow:




I'm in love with my little Pook. Each day, she gains new independence and confidence. She takes it in stride. Sunday, when we got our snowfall, she decided to take me for a walk outside.

She is fascinated by the foot prints in the snow. She'll step in mine, or her father's, then veer off making her own path.

Sunday, while basking in the quiet of the snowfall, feeling the flakes upon my face, watching the shapes upon my glove, and hearing her laughter, I basked in true bliss. She is my teacher and healer, just as I am hers.

This week, I've been ill. She's smothered me with kisses and hugs to help me feel better. Today, I'm feeling better, although I seem to be extremely congested. Argh.

She is such a little person now. Her own thoughts, words, and opinions... she enamors and amazes me. Sweet love.


Today, my sweet angel got her official "big" bed. We went from crib, that converted to toddles bed, to this:


It's hard to put into words how I feel. My sweet baby... is no longer a "baby", not even a "toddler".

She's officially a kid.

I'm so very proud of my lil big girl. My heart is spilling over with love.

*Sniffle, sniffle*

2 comments:

Phil Romans said...

How much longer until the Pook has a sibling? =)

Playful Grace said...

We'll be revisiting that discussion early summer. Don't worry, the blogsphere will probably know before everyone else. :)