Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Reflections on 2006

Last year, there were five things I decided to focus on. I must say, that I think I did a really good job of staying on target.

1. Continuing to Simplify my life

I continued to declutter and get rid of things we no longer loved nor needed. I think I made a total of at least five trips to the Good Will, and countless friends benefited from stuff we let go of.

In the last few months, I've really been clearing out my thoughts, focusing on the blessings in my life, and what we have. It's been amazing!

We said no. We scheduled weekends of no plans. We definitely did less, and did more of what we enjoy.

In 2007, we'll be continuing along this line, as we pare down to make more room in our home, that we're now staying in.

2. Continuining to improve my lifestyle and eating habits.

We did pretty good the beginning of the year, and have done a fair job through the year. Now, we are slowly working our way back to where we were.

3. Spend wisely and consciously.

We did well on this aspect, too. We've managed to save the most money since we've been married. Next year though, we've got specific house projects we'll be dealing with, but we've realized, that we really don't need anything. There are things we'd like, but we'll need to rearrange things to make more space.

4. Stay in tune with Rhythm; honor and getting to know my inner/intuition.

I'm gradually getting back in touch with myself, as for I while, I got lost. I allowed my knee injury to through me off, and I made excuses. Might need to revisit this in 2007.

5. Continue to connect with appreciation and gratitude.

This has been a big one this year. I've purposely gone out of my way to show my appreciation to others, and to be more appreciative in general. My Thank Yous are truly heartfelt, and I express this as often as I can. Basking in gratitude has been lifechanging for me, and helped me to really appreciate and be aware of the blessings in my life.

All in all, it's been a year of many, many blessings. I am filled with gratitude when I think about things. I've reconnected with people (like Stacie), got to spend time with Phil and see his home (finally), spent quality time with those I love, and bask in the bliss of being a mom.

We didn't move, but I think we've gained an even greater gift by deciding to stay. Ah... bliss.

No comments: