Thursday, December 14, 2006

A gift revolution...

I just had to share the coolest idea. Instead of exchanging gifts each year, my friend and her hubby create experiences together. They do things they've never done before - like the opera or symphony. Or, they do simple things like going to the zoo, a weekend in Gettysburg, etc.

How cool is this?

Recently, we've been discussing gifts in regards to our kiddos, and came up with an awesome idea. Instead of exchanging material gifts or toys, we will make plans to create an experience for the kids. Be it the zoo, a park, etc., we'll all get to hang out and see each other. We'll take lots of pictures, and then each girl will put together a scrapbook page for the other's book.

Of course, this means I get to embark on scrap booking, which I'm not sure how I feel about. The little doodads and stuff are cute, but that means investing in bits and bobs, that I don't know if I'm ready for yet.

In any case, I'm sure it's going to be beautiful regardless, and a neat project for me and the Pook.

2 comments:

staciecm said...

I love to scrapbook and with the new printable books, it's alot of fun. I don't do alot of the frilly stuff - I prefer them more for journaling.

This is what we are doing for Bob's sister's family - tickets to Annie so the girls can see a broadway play. Plus we get to spend time with them!

Playful Grace said...

That's a great idea!