Waking up at 4 a.m., looking around in the darkness, snuggling close to a warm body, and drifting in and out of dreams.
Pulling myself from bed to greet a babe reaching for me with a big smile.
Humming to myself while in the kitchen, feeding the babe. "I love you. I am nurturing you," I whisper as she eats. Holding her close; breathing her in.
Tucking sweet babe back in to enjoy a workout alone, in morning's stillness. (When's the last time that ever happened?) Feeling my blood pump, pushing my body to move, kick, and jump.
Waking sweet husband, setting up things so that he too can get in a quick workout before work.
Helping him gather breakfast and his things as he rushes out the door. Knowing that he's relishing that it's Friday.
Going through the daily-ness of today. Taking things step by step. Watching my eldest put peanut butter on her morning toast. Later, hearing her ask me, yes, ask and get upset that I cleaned the other toilet last night.
Watching eldest figure out math, whilst her sister softly and tenderly succumbs to sleep.
Focusing on what is in front of me, instead of worrying about what I "should" be getting done for tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment