Sunday, January 04, 2009

Enjoying the unexpected

I used to really enjoy traditions. The past few years we celebrated New Year's Eve with a traditional tarot reading for the new year, and listing what we wanted to release and embrace. This year, we drank Christmas mead and played Wii. We actually even stayed awake until midnight (thought we were asleep by 12:01 am.

It was only fitting that 2008 end with the same unexpectedness and possibilities it was filled with. 2008 was wild, amazing, challenging, and exciting.

This year, instead of setting up expectations, we are embracing possibilities and welcoming new things. Instead of over planning, we're leaving things open.

Perhaps I'll get around to writing a more detailed reflection of 2008. As for 2009, I haven't really made an resolutions. Perhaps I'll get around to pondering them and listing them out for you. However, it's entirely I may not. ;)

No comments: