Enchanted April... a good movie, and an around wonderful month! Three years ago, on this day, we were eagerly awaiting the birth of our little one, who wouldn't arrive until a week later, but, I was already dilated and effaced enough to go at anytime.
Tonight, my little helper colored and put stickers on the favors for her kiddie party two weeks from now. And, sorry luvs, but they are only for the kids. You see, I get a bonus gift, for my Canadians luvs are due in for a visit that weekend as well.
Today, my heart is light and free. Things worked out so that I've got less work. Which is good, because I'll now be able to work on other job-related projects, as well as, hopefully start getting a plan for the summer visiting, general house projects, and other fun things.
I've been playing with my rhythms and routines a bit, and I think I've found something that really works well for me this week. At least, I've found I'm more rested and centered, so, we'll see how it goes.
In the meantime, it's spring, and my heart is singing along with the birds. I have much to be grateful for, and to celebrate. And, with spring, the hibernation lifts, and the weekends begin to fill up with all sorts of activities. But, I'm feeling energetic about it all. I've been working very hard these last few months, and now, I'm looking forward to playing. :)
Yay!
By the way, I just had to share, that a friend of mine was talking about a little treasure hunt she was preparing for my sweet angel for Easter. She's not even using Easter eggs mind you. She was curtly told by a co-worker that Easter eggs are satanistic, representing the fertility rights of ancient rituals. My friend, being at work, said nothing. I, however, would've been like:
Well, yeah! Sorry, it's not satanistic, but pagan. And, if you celebrate Christ's birth on December 25 - guess what? That's a pagan date because it's been shown he was really born in March and December is when a multitude of people used to celebrate the birth of sons of gods and goddesses, and the SUN because of solstice! And, if you celebrate Easter as the resurrection of Christ THAT's pagan too, based on the goddess Eostre and also celebrates fertility as well as the ritual of spring (you know, rebirth after winter!). So, I guess that means, we're all pagans, or as those who fear the very word - satanists.
Okay, so, I wouldn't really say that to her face at least, I'd be nice and respectful of her views, because that's how I am.
However, anyone who is aware, should realize, that in many ways, it's all tied together. I mean WE are all connected on some level anyway. I know there are people out there who don't even celebrate birthdays, and that's fine. Everyone is entitled to his and her own opinion. I suppose though, it all boils down to how you define things.
As for me, you'll find me hiding eggs of Eostre for my child to find, and eating the ears off chocolate bunnies. And she'll be getting a sweet basket of treats too. We'll give thanks for the cycle of the seasons, grown wheat grass seeds, and dance in the sunshine, giving thanks to Momma Earth for her sweet and nurturing soil that enables us to grow food. In May, we'll be dancing around a May pole with friends, and maybe hubby and I will even celebrate May Day if we can get the pook to bed early! ;)
Whoo double hoo!
No comments:
Post a Comment