I sit here, up since before dawn, listening to the song of the birds. Unlike yesterday, today is gray. The crabbiness has passed, and this morning I find myself strangely content and peaceful. It's been a while I guess.
I've been experimenting with new schedules these last few weeks to accomodate my new (and lighter!) work load. I realize that I'd benefit from some routine and discipline as well, otherwise my day can easily go to hell. As I learned first hand. But, this week, I think I'm starting to find that niche, and work with it.
This morning, after yoga, my thoughts have been quite bustling about. You see, I'm exploring my feelings in regards to a few peeps in my life. And, no, these peeps don't read this blog. :)
There are people in my life, that I work with, who I just don't like I guess. Yet, I'll find my ego steps in on occasion with these "reasons" as to why I'm better then them. I suppose for some reason, I'm a little challenged when it comes to accepting these peeps. Because, lets' face it, who is to really determine who is better than someone else?
As is the case with these peeps, there's "Ala" who is over 70 yrs old. She comes across as a sweet old lady when you first meet here, but piss her off and you're dealing with a rabid cat. I do not enjoy spending time with her, thus, I avoid it at all costs. Though, there is that part of me that feels bad, because she really is a lonely miserable old gal, with no one. (Mostly because she's scared so many that got close to her away.) Then there's "Dy" who chooses to be friends with Ala, and is always trying to encourage me to be more supportive of Ala, because, after all, we're all connected in some way.
Now, I believe, that we're all connected. I mean, hell, we all live on this planet. But, I'm torn between the fact that I just don't want to spend time with Ala, or be nice because I should. Well, I hate doing anything I should do for that matter. It's probably another ego issue. One friend of mine says, she's 70 and should know better. Although, I know a few 70 and over, who just don't know better, because they seem to get so set into their ways.
So here's the thing, assuming she's set in her ways, does that mean I have to accept her and be nice? Obviously, no, I can do what I want. But, I'm thinking, that a part of me does feel something that she's created this lonely, miserable life/reality for herself. Hmm...
Guess I'll need to explore this a bit more. Comments appreciated.
Oh, and of course, you so know I'm doing the happy dance, as my Canadian luvs are due in this weekend. Oh yippee!
No comments:
Post a Comment