I sit here listening to the hum of the house and the songs of my bird friends. We spent the weekend rearranging Pook's room to fit a new piece of furniture, and to set it up when the crib will eventually be put in there. She now has a sweet reading nook to enjoy.
Hubby asked if we could work on one room a weekend. (I think he misses the pictures.) I could still leave them off the walls... though I did agree we'd take a room at a time. We'll go through the stuff and figure out what we want in it, and what we don't. Eventually making our way to the basement.
Having the pictures down, I realized how limited I was. I was blessed to get a ton from my sweet Grams before she died, and some from my ILs, but are they really me? A friend has a gorgeous picture of a woman smelling a rose in her home. When I first told her I liked it, she blinked and looked at me, and made the comment that she couldn't imagine me liking that, nor it fitting in my home with the current pictures hanging there.
Perhaps, I thought, she was right. That wasn't for me. But I still think about that picture, and how I'd love to walk in the front door and have it hanging in my foyer to greet me when I came home.
So many things have changed for me over the years, and especially lately. Who would've thought I now like pink, floral prints, and delicate rose patterns - and that I'd want them in my house? (Ok, those of you who've fallen off your chairs can get up again.) :) Who would've thought I'd like a picture of a woman sniffing a rose? (Which reminds me, said friend, if you are reading this, please send me the name of the picture. Thanks!)
I'm still enjoying the space of the walls, and recognizing that some of the pictures will probably not go back up. I only want to put up those that I enjoy looking at, that leave me feeling good, and that Hubby enjoys too. That's important to me.
I have to smile, because I am enjoying the space in between deciding how the rooms will look and what will hang on our walls. But then, I'm also loving all of the possibilities... Hmmm... might take more than a weekend to hang up a few pictures in a room. Who knows? The possibilities are endless.
2 comments:
I miss the pictures being on walls too. The hall looks so empty without them.
How are you doing? Are Pook and the new one sharing a room?
For the first 6 months or so (until he/she can sit up on his/her own), the new one will be sleeping in a cradle in our room.
Then, the new one and Pook will be sharing a room. Pook is very excited about this. We've asked her if she wanted her own room, but she insisted on sharing. :)
All is going very well on this front. :) I am quite content I must say.
Post a Comment