Thursday, April 10, 2008

Spring's Bounty

I have been awake since before dawn again, and it is lovely. In the darkness I usually sit and breathe, taking it all in. Hugging my sweet husband and sending him off to work with love. Then moving my body to make room for the new life within me. But this morning, I had company and it was sweet as we moved and breathed together to welcome the day.

Daffodils are blooming. The air has taken on a certain sweetness. I've had the windows open for the past few days, airing out the house, airing out my home, airing out my self.

The past few weeks have been challenging, speckled with pain filled moments, and many, many unexpected gifts and realizations. But like the tender breeze that caresses my hair bringing in the scent of sweetness and passing through, so has the pain.

Be gentle with yourself.

My friend's tender words have been my mantra as I've let myself mourn many things. At first I was terrified of the unknown that lies before me. And now, I embrace it. How sweet it is to not know where my life is going, who I am, or what gender the babe in my belly is. (Although, we've been told that they are pretty sure it is a girl.) Mind you, don't start buying the pink frilly stuff because they didn't get a clear picture like with Pook. Besides, we happen to love sage green and yellow, thank you very much. :)

It's been a journey of becoming aware of my ego, and choosing compassion for myself and others. And embracing the unknown. Oh how scary that was for a planner like me, but I know that through accepting it, it's not so scary. In fact, it's quite natural. And, it's a lot less limiting.

My home and life are slowly transitioning and transforming, and instead of clinging to bits and pieces here and there, I'm going with it, moving with the flow, and accepting things as they are (doing my best to anyway) as opposed to trying to make them into what I want or think they should be. It's definitely interesting.

Today the birthday celebrations for Pook begin. She will have two little parties (today and this weekend) with her friends, a celebration of life at Montessori next week, and we'll host visitors for the next two weekends. April is always a month of celebration it seems.

No comments: