Late night chat with my eldest, as she lounges back on my legs, propping her feet on her pillows. Leaning in, snuggling with me, telling me about her day, upset that we didn't do English, and that tomorrow she wants to do a lot of it, and filled with stories of growing trees. "Mommy, if we don't go to the park tomorrow, can we have an indoor picnic, with sandwiches?"
"Of course, and we can read to one another, and you can do English on the floor," I respond, stroking her soft hair.
"What a great day," she replies.
Waking up at 3 a.m. to the sound of crunching. Sneaking up, I take a peak at one very wide awake baby, playing with the toys in her crib. Fully attentive and totally present in her play. And quiet.
Softly I slip out, waking up hubby to share in the moment. He pulls himself from slumber, takes a peak, and together, we slip back into bed, under the covers, amazed and in awe of our little one. How they grow.
No comments:
Post a Comment