Monday, February 02, 2009

Moments 2

Snuggled up in warm, fuzzy blankets, with a sprinkling of baby skin and the leg of her sister, with a foot that begs to be tickled.

Snuggling in bed with a chatty child excited about her day. Leaving her awake, and calm, and ready to sleep on her own. Sweet, sweet moment.

Crawling into bed after evening tuck ins, sleeping husband reaches out. I take his hand, my lids already drifting to dreamland. I breathe in his scent, and smile and the love abounding in our home.

Sweet, rare, quiet morning moments in the darkness before the sun rises. Bliss.

In the morning darkness, I hear someone's chatter, and find myself greeted by her flirty smile. Picking her up, I breathe in that baby scent and hold her close. Bliss.

Early morning "chats" with baby. While drinking lemon zinger tea on a "scratchy" throat.

Ready to start the day, and welcome friends.

No comments: