3:00 am I wake with a child snuggled against my back. I turn around and hold her in my arms. She's so big; growing so fast. I hold her hand, hear her breathing, feel her warmth and snuggle in around her, letting her hair tickle my nose.
How many more moments of these before she's "too old" to snuggle with Mommy in the middle of the night?
5:00 am I am greeted by a quiet smile from the youngest. That tender look, and then she starts to coo... I sweep her into my arms, breath her in, and hold her close.
7:00 am I ready breakfast. She needs her usual - 1 piece of buttered toast, a 4 oz Yo Kids yogurt, hot cocoa, a banana and her vitamins. She is excited to see how many servings of the food groups she's met.
The sun is rising on the snowy back yard, I look back at my two angels, awake for the day. I smile - my heart filled with bliss.
No comments:
Post a Comment