And, as the baby's not here yet... you can guess it isn't the baby.
Blame it on the nesting instinct, blame it on my past track record or what have you, but the sheer fact is, that simplifying has been an important part of my life for many, many years. Recently, I've been having that desire to toss and purge (mind you, I just got finished one of these sprees before baby, and here it comes again) my material possessions again. But it's not just about the material possessions, it's about mental things, daily/weekly/monthly activities - the base question - what is really important to me? What do I really enjoy? Why do I feel so overwhelmed with all of our stuff?
Perhaps, it's due to this site: Zen Habits that has been inspirational to me for quite a while. If you have not checked out this site, you might want to. Of course, what might really be behind my inspiration to re-evaluate and simplify my life further (aside from the new baby arrival which will make things interesting I'm sure), would be the discovery of this:
Everything You Wanted to Know About Simplifying Your Life, and Way More
And, yes L, I should really be using the timer when checking these out. :)
I'm thinking about blogging my experiences and thoughts on simplifying my life based on some of the questions and articles from Zen Habits and a few other sites. Of course, with Baby's arrival, I'm making no promises, but it is something that's been interesting me.
Over the past few weeks I've found myself asking questions like - Do I really need this? What would my life be like without this? Why in the world am I holding onto these things? Could we get rid of that piece of furniture - and not replace it? What would my life be like if I lived and did those things I absolutely enjoyed and loved? What would the basics of my life be? What would my life be like if I lived with the bare minimums?
Hmmm.... what will my answers to these questions be?
No comments:
Post a Comment