I've been delighting in summer: cool breezes, the swing on our back deck, in the summer's sun, the song of the birds in the backyard, and time to relax.
This summer is the first summer in a long time I've been able to slow down, that I've let myself slow down and just relax. I've found time to focus on simple things, and to just enjoy the dailiness. (I know, I'm weird, I've been finding comfort in laundry, cleaning, and organzing. But, we knew that, eh?)
I've also been taking up the challenge of using what we have full force. My sweet hubby and I measured out rooms and furniture this past weekend, and I've been having a blast arranging and rearranging to my heart's content (and his, as he doesn't have to move it!). I thought it would be a while before we did any serious moving of the furniture, but then, my amazing hubby announced that it was possible to do it this weekend.
First of all, I'm estatic because he WANTS to do this. Second, as of this weekend, we'll hopefully have a new playroom/family room in the basement, new guestroom (C&A - are you excited?), newish living room, and a rearranged masterbed room - practically a new house in a sense. Third, did I mention my hubby is amazing and wonderful?
Best of all? All it will cost us to do this is the time, and the new dehumidifier we'll need to get for the computers.
How's that for using what you have? Yay!
1 comment:
Yay new guestroom! Where does K sleep? ;)
3 1/2 weeks to go!
Post a Comment