Have I mentioned, that sometimes it takes me a while to come to a realization/conclusion/or just to grasp certain concepts?
Well in case I didn't, I'm mentioning it now and reminding those of you who are aware.
The best part about it is that I get to embark on a really cool journey of discovery that, though is just plain obvious to others, is completely enthralling to me.
For instance, I realized this weekend why I don't always research things as much as I could (aside from the fact that I work from home while caring for my daughter and looking into homeschooling ideas). Let's just say, it's a family thing. Oh the joy of discovering how my family has influenced me!
In any case, one realization led to another, and by George! The whys of it all became clear while shopping with my mum. (Which, in itself is an experience.)
But, that's just a side note to my post.
We're a pulling in the money belt, buckling up, and reevalutating our life and spending styles. Before this, I could come up with a reason as to why I needed anything (amazingly, my mother is really good at this too!). I had lists of things we planned to buy, and felt bad because I didn't have them. Oh so silly, I know!
This weekend, in reviewing how we can save money, I began creating a list of "needs" (its in quotes because I really don't need anything save for basic food) and wants (like tablecloths for the outdoor tables, a new dinning room set, etc.). Interestingly enough, many of my "needs" turned out to be wants. I also found that some things - like a heater and dehumidifer for the basement are needed in that if we want to make the basement into an office/family room to help with the moisture and keep it warm in winter, so we don't get sick. However, technically, we can just live upstairs if we had to.
But for me, I've managed to come up with solutions I hadn't thought of before. And, it feels really good to get creative with what we have, and to live outside the box, and to just ask for things.
Like I said, sometimes, I'm a little slow. But I don't mind, because it's new to me. And, as a result, I just get really excited. At least I'm enjoying myself and the learning process - right? :)
And the best part? I've got a new support partner on the journey to live a more frugal life. Hi, L!And I'm thinking that I'm going this for the long term. That's the plan for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment