Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Meanings of Flowers and herbs

I just posted on Stacie's blog about this, so thought I'd plop it here for my own reference.

And, what a neat way to give your significant other a message via flowers and herbs!

I recently found a site with the history and language of flowers and herbs, that includes the origins and meanings. It's very cool. For my wedding, I enjoyed placing little bits of florals and greenery about with special meanings.

There's also this one: http://www.lynnguistics.com/navigation/gardening/herbs/meanings.html but it only lists a few herbs in comparison to the first.

And then, I found more information in regards to wedding bouquets at this site: http://www.theherbaltouch.com/articles/wedbouquet.html.

So, I suppose I'm going to have to dig up a picture of my bouquet from my wedding. I included rosemary (for rembrance), lavender (devotion / best wishes ), roses (pink, dark pink, and white, here and there), tulips (friendship/ or the perfect lover), baby's breath (pure of heart) - oh my. It was a lot. :) And we had ivy planted through out the hall.

Yup, going to have to dig that up at some point.

No comments: