Thursday, October 12, 2006

If you can't say something nice about someone...

don't say anything at all.

Recently, I've had an interesting email conversation with someone. The conversation revealed some things about myself that took me a bit off guard, as I didn't realize I was coming across in such a way, and then to realize how I was coming across bugged me.

Granted, it was this person's opinion and issue; however, it was something I wish I'd been aware of about myself early. Not so much how I come across to others, but the fact that I was acting in a manner that when others act, bothers me.

It has really been eye-opening, and it's given me a new perspective of who I am, and how I talk about things in general. I admit, seeing myself in this light has been rather sobering, especially because it bugs me when others have done those things. Then, you realize you've done them, and Ouch.

So, I'm a little more quiet as of late, trying to figure out how I want to change this, and be less judgemental. Hmmm...

No comments: