I sit here, the cool evening breezes of autumn, sifting through the curtains and into the bedroom. What utter bliss.
I adore autumn: the trees adorned in firey glory, the chill in the air, the hint of change and hibernation. It's a divine season, and my favorite by far.
This week, I've been noting the seasonal shift. Even the cricket's symphony shifts as summer moves on, granting us good harvest.
And of course, there is the nesting, which is why I've been checking in, but not commenting much. For me, autumn always brings with it the urge to purge, clean, and rearrange. For instance, little does my wonderful hubby know (until now that is) that I'm currently plotting of how I can rearrange the living room, and the Pook's room, and what else I can get rid of. He's lucky that his cave area is safe. Although, ANYTHING goes when pregnant. Which, fortunately for him, I'm not at the moment. :) (Now aren't you feeling lucky on your part Ed? I do it EVERY year, sometimes every season! You don't even want to know what I'm like when I get pregnant; I'll be sure to blog about it this time round. I rearrange EVERYTHING. By the way, Kaitlyn is a beautiful name!)
2 comments:
Ack! Thanks for the warning love... Maybe we should just find a nice, new house for you to decorate, and we'll leave our lovely current house alone. Maybe movers too... Yea, let them hurt their backs this time around. Will that work?
Ed, if you read this, do you have any good places to hide yet? Care for some company?!
I have been having "sympathy nesting" with Linda. Yesterday I spent 3 hours weeding. No daughter of mine will be born in a house surrounded by weeds!
8)
I am now digging a small pit in the backyard, dropping a TV and mini-fridge in it, and am going to wait until labor. All are welcomed to come over, just bring a shovel and make some space for yourself!
-Ed
Post a Comment