Thursday, September 21, 2006

Is this the little girl I carried?

What an emotional week it's been. For those of you who have just had babies, or know them - hold them close, memorize all that you can. It will only be a matter of time before they becoming little independent beings.

My sweet angel girl had a big week this week. Wednesday was her first day of Kindermusik. This year, they go to class on their own. For the last year, I've been able to enjoy our time in class together. Snuggling, singing, and dancing. We've made new friends. She's learned so much.

Many of the other mothers were prepped for this, as some of the kids are already in preschool, but it was the first time for me. She held the hands of her little friends, and walked right into the classroom without me. My little big girl.

Then today, she had her first dentist appointment. After watching me have mine, the little Miss hopped right up in the chair. She let them count her teeth and check them. They cleaned them, and flossed them, and my sweet little girl was totally fine.

I can't quite put into words what I'm feeling. My sweet girl is growing up. What more can I say? And as Ed now gets to enjoy being a dad to his precious daughter, I can't stress enough to enjoy and make the most of every precious moment. (Of which, knowing Ed, I am sure that he and Linda will.) Because the next thing you know, they are walking off into the big wide world, while you sit back, watch, and blink back the tears.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how fast she is growing up! Give hugs to your little one for me and ask her to give some to you from me too!